Friday, April 12, 2013

Faces, more muscles and Spartacus

I've been drawing at school in between classes and during desk warming hours to further enhance my artistic tradeskill.  I also recently recieved "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" HARDCOVER, not a shitty pdf print out, and my oh my I am so happy.  I plan on getting the rest of his books as Andrew Loomis is a fucking genius.  Faces are a bitch to draw.  I used a lot of pictures as reference from Spartacus this week, as that show has its final episode tonight.  Brilliant series and vastly underrated, what began as a cheap 300 knockoff evolved into an epic tragedy.  Highly recommended.

I still have a lot of learning to do with the face, shading, and the general human figure, but I'm pretty happy I pushed myself through my comfort zone and tried something new.













No comments:

Post a Comment