Sunday, December 30, 2012

Trudging forward

So I decided to check out Andrew Loomis's "Figure Drawing for all Its Worth" and it is a riveting guide and read.  This man is a wizard.  He completely deconstructs the human figure down to its mannequin and rebuilds it, from tissues to bones to skin.  Definitely an intense book, and much like perusing an Elder Scroll, one must take cautious steps not to go through it too fast lest their brains explode from the overabundance of information.





Saturday and Sunday I tried to make the arms a bit longer and add more animation to the figures.  I'm also experimenting with Loomis's style of making a mannequin.

My new goal is to not only be consistent but increase the amount I draw each session.  So I'm going to go back and fill more pages after this update.  Just wanted to show y'all what I'm doing.  I'll also keep attempting to make the mannequins more animated and experiment with contraposto and all that jazz.

Pay no mind to the crazy dwarfs.  I felt like doodling to give my brain a slight rest in between all the repetitions of mannequins.

Also, apologies for the cropped images.  My sketch pad is 11x14 which is quite larger than the scanner I use.  I want to fill out the pad completely before moving on though so I can unlock the achievement, Full Tome.


No comments:

Post a Comment